Thursday, November 26, 2009

Question to hairdressers about hair extensions.?

I have always worn my hair in braids because I find it very convenient and it makes my hair grow faster. I leave my hair in micro braids for a long time and then remove condition/treat my hair and start the braiding process again.



Lately I閳ユ獫e noticed a lot of gaps in my hair, could the extensions be breaking my hair off and if this is the case what can I do about it.



My hair is very short at the moment I wouldn't want to remove them. Is there something I could to do to prevent any further damage. (my hair is over processed and dry)



Question to hairdressers about hair extensions.?

You are getting breakage due to the tension and weight of the extensions. Make sure your condition treatment is for both moisture and protein like Extreme by Redken. I have seen some extension stylist "pad" the natural micro braid with loose hair from the extension . The extension is then sewn directly over the "padding". This is an additional step in an already long process but it will help. It helps keep the thread from pulling down and through your natural hair in the braid.



I understand that your hair is very short, but at some point you do need to give your hair a break and a chance on its own for a while.



Question to hairdressers about hair extensions.?

yes it is breaking the problem with braids is it holds a good portion of hair into each braid while each hair does not grow at the same speed so the ones not growing break off. you need to leave the braids out and use a good moisturizing conditioner. A salon type products!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover